17 April 2013

Naga Food: One of My Favourite Cuisines



Naga Mandarin is one of my favourite restaurants. I have been meaning to visit the place for a few months, but alas, there was no time to spare. Opportunity finally presented itself recently when my holidays came along.

It turns out the place had been closed all winter anyway. When I first thought of eating there again, the place was still closed. For a while I was scared that the place had been permanently shut down. Thankfully it wasn't. The second time I went to check on it, it had opened up for business again!

Naga cuisine is the epitome of tribal Asian food. It is very rustic and very spicy. Dried fish is incorporated in almost all the dishes, and although many find dry fish horrid, it's one of those flavors that's acquired. And once you have acquired it, you will love it. If you're planning on visiting Asia, get ready for a lot of dried fish. The accompanying philosophy is usually the smellier the fish, the better. Yum!

The foods in the pictures consists of rice, pork trotters, pork with bamboo shoot (my absolute favourite pork dish in the world), fish-potato soup, spiced potatoes, and spicy chutneys.

Looking forward to eating there again soon.